Re: vanishing cursor

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

Which version of xwin you are using? This is a bug which should be solved
for some time now.

the vanishing cursor problem has been consistent up through my latest upgrade (i.e. yesterday) I'm not sure which version is but it's xorg based.

I must say it's gotten bad enough that I've gone back to using just plain old putty. I can't afford to keep killing of the X server every half-hour or so and try to reconstruct the context I was working in. It wouldn't be so bad if I had a tool to save everything and then restore what I was doing but I'm not sure that's available.

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  It makes mistakes, I correct most