Re: vanishing cursor

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.7.0.0-12

This is the newest. I guess you don't know how to reproduce the vanishing cursor.

the whole experience of having the cursor vanish and then restarting has been so painful I must admit I haven't tried real hard to reproduce. I will try to be brave and figure out what I can.

Are you working with MS Terminalservices client?

no. I am not.

BTW: you can enable the software cursor with the -swcursor option. This does not resolve the bug but it lets you work properly.

thanks. I will try that as well.I'm also try to sniff out some performance problems. I see a huge delay sometime in redraws. It's all 100 Mb ethernet across a firewall but I also sometimes see the problems on local machines (i.e. same network segment). And no, I'm not getting any significant errors (5-10 per GB of traffic)

thanks again for the help. I will try to reproduce the problem for you (ouch :-).

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  It makes mistakes, I correct most