Re: fonts and symbolic links

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Boaz Harrosh wrote:

> There is a sourceforge project for ttmkfdir. They only have ELF binaries
> for download. It was easier to find it on the net than to compile. I
> found it packaged with cygwin/XFree86 so I assumed it was a part of
> cygwin/XFree86.

it was but recently mkfontdir had support for TTF fonts and ttmkfdir was not
needed.

>  Any way, it is a part of many Linux distributions. It looks odd that
> cygwin that leaves within Windows will not take advantage of windows
> fonts. It should be part of the Basic-X package, this and the 2 fonts I
> specified in the 2nd letter. Than the post-Install script should prepare
> the windows fonts directory for use by X. The standard fonts that are
> now part of cygwin/X should only be optional in a different (none
> default) package. As they are not necessary. (and not as beautiful). And
> they triple the size of the base X package. (this is Just my $0.02)

Hm. That should be possible.

something like

mkdir -p /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/windows
lndir `cygpath -W` /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/windows
mkfontscale -b -l /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/windows

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de