new font support (was: fonts and symbolic links)

Ago and Igor,

If I understand your recent work correctly, Cygwin/X will (as of the next release) support using TTF fonts and will automatically have access to the fonts installed under Windows. This is exciting... I think. But can you explain the actual impact of this? (What applications would be able to use this, under what circumstances, where could they be running, and how could a user make this happen?)

Thanks for all your hard work.

P.S. Does anybody know if you can post to the mailing list via gmane.org's web interface?