Re: startx hangs on WinXP, xinit doesn't

Mr. Dickey and Mr. Barr, I stand corrected.

pv, I apologize for misleading you, and I hope that you do find the
solution to your problem.

My programming experience is with C-like languages, such as PHP, and I
had mistakenly believed that bash tests worked with similar syntax.  My
understanding of bash isn't as great as it should be, it seems.

I can't stand the thought of being wrong.  Ironically, the only way to
fix that is first to be proven wrong, then to learn from the proof.

-ArielMT (who would rather be right than be wrong believing to be right)

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:57:15 -0400 (EDT) Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Ariel Millennium Thornton wrote:
>
> > Hello, pv.
> >
> > On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:29:04 -0700 (PDT) p v wrote:

[snip]

> > > if [ x"$XAUTHORITY" = x ]; then
>          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[snip]

> man test
> man sh
> man bash
>
> Bourne shell 'test' and Korn shell 'test' use a single '=' sign.

[snip]

--
"The most humbling achievement of the past millennium, I believe, is the
evolution of the simplest form of communication: the written letter.
>From courier to post to telegram to fax to email, each advancement has
made the awesome power of writing more accessible than ever before."
-Ariel Millennium Thornton, Spokesman and Mascot, Thornton 2 Productions