performance question

this is not directly related to cygwin/X11 but it will be something that comes up once in a while.

Sometimes performance just sucks. sometimes I will sit there and watch applications redraw bits over 10s of seconds. Yet on my ethernet interfaces, I have no errors, machine load averages are around .2, network utilization is relatively low. Obviously something is not right but I'm not even sure where to start looking.

like I said. Not directly related but if there are any references I can look at, it would be most appreciated.

---eric