multiwindow doesn't work

Hello.

Ever since CygwinX switched X server source (or whatever changed), I have not
been able to make -multiwindow work on my machine running XP SP1. KDE 3 is
installed as the desktop. When I start using "startx -multiwindow &",
everything seems to start up correctly - the splash screen is displayed in a
Windows window, the round plays and then the root window appears and
initializes in frameless mode.

I've reinstalled from scratch and run numerous updates to get the latest
packages.

A sample XWin.log is attached. There are several messages: ERROR: BadWindow
(invalid Window parameter)

Is this the problem? What did I do to cause this? Can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Jim