Re: multiwindow doesn't work

Jim Scheef wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Ever since CygwinX switched X server source (or whatever changed), I have not
> been able to make -multiwindow work on my machine running XP SP1. KDE 3 is
> installed as the desktop. When I start using "startx -multiwindow &",
> everything seems to start up correctly - the splash screen is displayed in a
> Windows window, the round plays and then the root window appears and
> initializes in frameless mode.

KDE has it's own root (or better desktop) window. This is just a simple window
and Xwin can do nothing to hide it.

Other KDE application will be displayed as simple windows and you could minimize
the destop window and have the others still present.

bye
        ago
NP: Accessory - I say go (Hocico Mix)
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723