Re: performance question

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

There is a section in the FAQ about bad performance. Some ATI drivers or
programs are known to cause problems. Please check this.

this machine: NVidia Riva TNT model 64 other machine: is indeed some form of ATI. I will need to investigate that.

on this machine, performance still isn't snappy. Redraws don't take as long but that's what I expect with a machine that's twice as fast as the other. I do not have any forms of personal firewalls or anything else installed on the stack. I was deliberately keeping this machine as naked as possible because background processes that affect X11 also seem to affect speech recognition performance and accuracy.

one thing I also should have mentioned which is that I am tunneling X11 connections through ssh because the machine I am working on is on my DMZ which prevents direct connections. I didn't think to mention this originally because machines I use on the same network aren't significantly faster.

---eric