Re: Is RECORD extension included in cygwins' X server?

Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> Well, what is RECORD extension? ;-)
> Sorry, no clue. I only know that
> this extension is refered to by
> authors of xnee tool in article in
> Linux Journal -- http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6660
> and I also know that I was able to compile xnee for cygwin but
> I get "error on display ... <number of display>" as soon as I try
> to start it. I also know that the XFree86 Server as included
> in FreeBSD ports probably has this extension because
> xnee is also officially ported to FreeBSD too.

The record extension is compiled into the Xserver.
xdpyinfo gives
number of extensions:    24
    DEC-XTRAP
    RECORD
    XTEST

These are the extensions named in the article. If the programs
still fail then you should probably ask the developers of the
program for help too.

bye
        ago
NP: Terminal Choice - Deathwish