Re: cygwin/x and zonealarm firewall

Hi,

I am not sure why ZoneAlarm 5 does not work for soem
people.  I am running Cygwin under WindowsXP Pro with
Zon Alarm 5 (the free version) and Cygwin/X works
fine.  When ZoneAlarm notified me that Cygwin was
trying to act as a server I told ZoneAlarm to allow it
and to remember that setting.

I don't know if this is the same thing as you guys are
discussing but Cygwin works for me with ZoneAlarm 5.
Maybe I am missing something.  I don't claim to be an
expert and I am not a poweruser of Cygwin, so I may
not be aware of potential problems ZoneAlarm 5 is
causing. I use Cygwin to play with gcc and some other
basic things, so take that for what it is worth.

Take care and have a great day!!

James E. Merritt