Re: Error report

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Tim Gee wrote:

(I'm sorry I probably don't have the threading right since I'm not a
subscriber.)

FWIW, see <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-09/msg00989.html>.

Thanks for the help. I fixed my problem using the FAQ, but I'm not sure
that the FAQ is completely right. The process of unmounting and
reinstalling worked, but the diagnostic info seemed off. When the
problem was occurring, the fonts directory appeared to be mounted
correctly in binary mode, and the files were present.

Are you saying that you've applied the FAQ fix (which simply told you to re-mount the fonts directory in binmode) and it worked for you, even though "mount" showed the fonts directory *already* mounted in binmode?

BTW, another directory that needs to be binmode-mounted is /tmp, otherwise
some X utilities (e.g., xkb, but there are probably others) won't work.
HTH,
	Igor

Included are version info (cygcheck.out), error output (startx.out), and
the mount info (mount.out). All of the included results are before I
applied the FAQ fix.

Again thanks.