Re: weird situation with Xnest

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> Hello dear mailing list participants,
> following pretty strange thing happens
> to me:
> if I start Xnest and then try to start
> xterm on it I get Bad system call and
> window of xterm does not appear
> in nested server.

Which version of Xnest you're referring too?

Do you have cygserver running for IPC support?
does the CYGWIN environment variable contain "server"

> if I start xmove compiled for cygwin
> and then move the xterm to Xnest
> server it works (!). It is pretty much
> weird, isn't it?

Xterm will notice xmove does not have some special extensions
which Xnest has and will not use them even when moved to Xnest.
But it will use the extensions if connecting directly to Xnest.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de