Re: Cursor jumping in xterm?

Michael J. Wheeler wrote:

> I have been using cygwin for awhile now at work and I just got a new desktop
> machine, so I loaded cygwin on it. The machine is a dual opteron 248
> (2.2ghz) w/ 2gig RAM running Windows XP SP2.
>
> When using xterm (w/ bash as my shell) and typing, at random times, the
> cursor will jump to the beginning of the line. In vi, when I'm in "input
> mode" and typing, the cursor will randomly jump to the beginning of the
> document. I have seen it do this when pressing the "h", "a", and backspace
> keys as part of my typing. I cannot duplicate this problem at will -- it
> appears to be very random. I'm sure it has happened on other keypresses, but
> I type too fast to know which key I've hit to cause it.

Ctrl a will jump at the beginning of the line. Somehow XWin must think Ctrl
was pressed. But I've never seen such behaviour in everyday usage.

> Has anyone ever seen this before? On my old desktop machine, I was running
> cygwin with XP SP2, so I don't think that is the problem, unless the newer
> version of cygwin is incompatible with SP2 (I hadn't updated cygwin in
> awhile on my old desktop machine).

Maybe this is a multithread problem. Can you please try without -clipboard
and without -multiwindow switches? This will disable threading in XWin.

bye
        ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723