Strange window redraw problem

Hi,

We are currently testing a deployment of Cygwin/X for my company's
windows-based X server. We currently use X so that Windows users can run
apps (typically written with Perl/GTk) on Linux application servers.

The deployment is going not bad, but on a couple of systems we're seeing
strange corruption of windows: if an X window gets obscured by another X
window, then raised to the top, the obscured part doesn't get
redrawn. The window's frame gets redrawn but the contents do not. This
does not appear to be happen if a non X window obscures the X window.

We are running the latest version of the Cygwin X.org server. The
systems were all bought from Dell around the same time, so they are all
substantially the same. Both systems have "GeForce 256" cards with
driver version 5.2.1.6; they're both running Win2k and are completely
up-to-date with patches. One system is working, one is not.

I've tried playing with various combinations of the +/-bs, -su, -wm and
-engine parameters to XWin, but to no avail.

XWin is being started as

  XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

I can provide other information if requested.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA

Dave is currently listening to Agent Orange - America (Living In Darkness)