Re: A problem with fonts and HP Unix

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Golombek, Arek wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a small problem with X windows under Cygwin. I'm using the following
> command to open a X windows session to HP Unix server: "xwin -query
> A.B.C.D".
> Graphical desktop is staring and I can login to a remote system.
> Then I open a terminal session and start OpenView service. The system
> reported a following error:
> _______
>
> Looks like the font I use is not suitable for HP Unix. But I've tried all
> possible fonts with "xwin -fn XXX" option and I get always a "fixed" font.
> There is no font changes after the X windows session is opened.

Please check the FAQ. There is an entry about Sun Solaris and fonts which
applies to your setting too.

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-solaris-fonts

Telling XWin to use the font server from HP UX will  most likely solve this problem

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de