Re: Cygwin/X and loggin on remote server

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
Jani Tiainen wrote:

Could this be problem with my .xsession, what should I have content for
it..?

#!/bin/bash
exec xfce
exit 0

I tried following .xsession:

#!/bin/bash
exec xterm
exit 0

should be sufficient

What happens if you start .xsession from the ssh shell. Does it immediatly
return or only after you closed xfce

Have you tried a different window manager? like fvwm2 or for plain testing
xterm.

Initial window closes only after I close second xterm window.

When starting window manager it doesn't close initial window unless _last_ pipe closes... that mean if I have only xfcwm4 running it will remain visible as long as session lasts.

Any other ideas?

--

Jani Tiainen