Re: xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Roboco Sanchez wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what different posting you're referring to. Maybe they
>  > all provide correct information and maybe they are two or more
>  > different problems?
>
> One was from Hannu which was about a completely different issue which I
> replied in lenght, the other was from Bobby today, I saw nothing else,
> sorry.
>
> >>I just reinstalled this xorg-x11-fscl package now, it works fine on NT4
> >>AND it works fine on XP/SP2.
> >>
> >>$ cygcheck -c xorg-x11-fscl
> >>Cygwin Package Information
> >>Package              Version        Status
> >>xorg-x11-fscl        6.8.1.0-2      OK
> >
> > Did you use setup.exe? Did you reinstall to and existing package?
>  > This problem (the one by Bobby which you replied to above) occurs
>  > when you install Cygwin on a fresh XP using setup.exe .
>
> Of course, I use always setup.exe.  It was a reinstallation which
> indicates that it works well before at least one time.  I cannot install
> a fresh XP.

I've installed it on a test machine in VMWare with WinXP SP2 (nearly fresh
system: Installed as XP, upgraded to SP1, upgraded to SP2. No installed
software except for drivers) and had no problems

Selected install from net (user/global, unix/dos left as defaults).
Mirror: local mirror from mirrors.kernel.org
Default package selection + all xorg-x11-*

> Maybe you need to turn off the firewall?

Firewall is enabled (default settings)

Not being able to reproduce a problem makes it a pain to solve it.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de