Can't get startwin.bat to work

I have been using cygwin for years and the X client under cygwin for about a
year.  In order to get X to work, I have to make sure that I am running bash
and then run startxwin.sh to get it to work.  Well, I've been trying to get it
to work with just startxwin.bat but I am not successful.  It seems to have a
problem with the "run" commands.  Here are the run commands:

run XWin -clipboard -silent-dup-error
run xterm -sl 1000 -sb -rightbar -ms red -fg yellow -bg black -e /usr/bin/bash
-l

I do have cygwin installed in c:\progra~1\cygwin and I have modified
startxwin.bat so that

SET CYGWIN_ROOT=c:\progra~1\cygwin

The last time I updated anything in cygwin as last week (first week of
November).

Does anyone know how to get the startxwin.bat to work?

Just a little more background.  When I mean that it does not work, I mean that
the "X" shows up as an icon next to the clock but nothing else happens.  If I
right click on the "X", nothing happens.  I have to use the Task Manger to kill
XWin.exe.

Thanks,

Mike