Re: Why Xming.exe?

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 09:02:53PM +0100, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, ?yvind Harboe wrote:
>>* There are two many options and questions with CygWin.  I imagine that
>>Xming.exe can come with a ~"zero questions" installer.
>
>This is the main reason.  There is still some work to do but I plan on
>having all defaults in Xming depend on the installation dir of Xming.

Er, I guess it's time I stepped in, then.

Since the name of this mailing list is "cygwin-xfree" and the site you
are using is cygwin.com, I would not expect too much traffic here
regarding non-cygwin solutions.

This *has* come up before and I think I'm being pretty consistent here.

Alexander, if you are going to be devoting a lot of time to this project
from now on do we need to find a Cygwin/X maintainer?  It seems like you
may need to find another mailing list, at least.

cgf