Re: xorg installation fails, 99% complete only

Christopher Faylor wrote:

It seems like you have a lot of XFree86 packages still installed.
I have a couple of these in my installation but certainly not the
number that I see above.

Yes. I did it after installing cygwin minus xorg. Regarding the (version) numbers, I don't remember choosing other versions besides the ones indicated by default at setup.

I guess I'm a little confused now as to who's seeing what problem. I thought that you needed a clean install to duplicate this but the above obviously didn't come from a clean install.

I'll be doing a clean uninstall and reinstall in a short while.

Thank you cygwin people for doing such a great job at cygwin! I'm seeing this not as a problem (Really!!!) but another exciting episode of the wonders of open source software and open-source collaboration. Thank you!

Cygwin Rocks!

--
Carlo Florendo
Astra Philippines Inc.