[SOLVED - mysteriously...not quite] Re: xorg installation fails,99% complete only

Carlo Florendo wrote:

Christopher Faylor wrote:

It seems like you have a lot of XFree86 packages still installed.
I have a couple of these in my installation but certainly not the
number that I see above.

Yes. I did it after installing cygwin minus xorg. Regarding the (version) numbers, I don't remember choosing other versions besides the ones indicated by default at setup.

I guess I'm a little confused now as to who's seeing what problem. I thought that you needed a clean install to duplicate this but the above obviously didn't come from a clean install.

I'll be doing a clean uninstall and reinstall in a short while.
Thank you cygwin people for doing such a great job at cygwin! I'm seeing this not as a problem (Really!!!) but another exciting episode of the wonders of open source software and open-source collaboration. Thank you!

Cygwin Rocks!

I tried to reproduce the problem on the WinXP SP2 machine in question and I was unsuccessful in reproducing it...

Cygwin installed like a charm =)

Now, I don't know why such is the case.

Hmmm...To tell the truth, I was actually asking someone to follow instructions from me, (i.e. press this button, select "Unix", click ok, etc.). However, when I myself tried do a fresh uninstall and fresh install, all worked well.

In any case, I'm now attaching cygcheck.out and setup.log (compressed) so the experts could point out what difference it had with my previous posting of cygcheck.out and setup.log,

My suspicion is that the one whom I asked to install cygwin did something else that she didn't tell me....(What I saw when she was installing cygwin was the "99% completed" on xorg that never stopped. This, I verified with my eyes. On her following my instructions, I didn't see it with my own eyes. She just said she did.)

Sheesh...sorry for all these noise for the past 3 days.

Thank you to all you cygwin developers.

Cygwin Rocks!

Best Regards,

Carlo