Re: Mozilla ready compiled, but not operational

bruno patin wrote:
If you have enough RAM (1 GB) you could compile it too and then run it with gdb. I'm not in a hurry and I'll be out of town the next week. I try to update my sources and my patchfile to offer a patch which will apply against a recent nightly-snapshot of mozilla.

At work I have this ram but not at home only 756Mb so I will take timeto compile (time to read perhaps :-) ). For the time being I have to download a source equivalent to yours. Do you have a specific adress or do I search on the mozilla site ? One question, when you speak of mozilla, you speak of firefox, am I wrong ?

'Only' 756 MB should be ok, maybe you'll need to increase the size of your swapfile. I have 512 MB until today with a swapfile of 1 GB, I increased the swapfile size to 2 GB because I want to build a debugging version now, but my /tmp drive was full...

I build the complete mozilla, including mail/news, firefox alone fails
to build currently (with my initial patch), I have not tried thunderbird
or calendar standalone yet.  These are all things that are remaining
once I see a working browser.

What currently fails too is all security related, aka 'personal security
manager', in this part of the tree they don't use autoconf and I have
problems to figure what to change to get the paths in the Makefiles
correct.

You can fetch a recent nightly snapshot of the tree here:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/nightly/latest/mozilla-source.tar.bz2

I send the latest patchfile later this evening to be created after I
have updated the tree with:
$ cvs -z9 up

Gerrit
--