Re: Mozilla ready compiled, but not operational

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

bruno patin wrote:

If you have enough RAM (1 GB) you could compile it too and then run it with gdb. I'm not in a hurry and I'll be out of town the next week. I try to update my sources and my patchfile to offer a patch which will apply against a recent nightly-snapshot of mozilla.

At work I have this ram but not at home only 756Mb so I will take timeto compile (time to read perhaps :-) ). For the time being I have to download a source equivalent to yours. Do you have a specific adress or do I search on the mozilla site ? One question, when you speak of mozilla, you speak of firefox, am I wrong ?

'Only' 756 MB should be ok, maybe you'll need to increase the size of
your swapfile.  I have 512 MB until today with a swapfile of 1 GB, I
increased the swapfile size to 2 GB because I want to build a debugging
version now, but my /tmp drive was full...

I build the complete mozilla, including mail/news, firefox alone fails
to build currently (with my initial patch), I have not tried thunderbird
or calendar standalone yet.  These are all things that are remaining
once I see a working browser.

What currently fails too is all security related, aka 'personal security
manager', in this part of the tree they don't use autoconf and I have
problems to figure what to change to get the paths in the Makefiles
correct.

You can fetch a recent nightly snapshot of the tree here:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/nightly/latest/mozilla-source.tar.bz2

I send the latest patchfile later this evening to be created after I have updated the tree with: $ cvs -z9 up

Gerrit

Ok I'm dowloading he source files. I don't think I will be ready to work before tomorrow because of my testing of the install procedure and as my connection is not as fast as thunder and as my daughters live on it a lot (ah msn messenger :-( )and as I have to download a complete cygwin distro ... So as soon as I'm ready and I lauch the configure, I report to you. How will I be able to get your patch ? Will you send me the files patched ?

Bruno