Re: X11/Xlib.h missing

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:13:34AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 11:27:51AM +0200, Jani Tiainen wrote:

I tried to install development headers (xorg-x11-devel, version 6.8.1.0-1). When I selected package I only get "nothing to be installed" message. No headers, nothing. Package itself is downloaded to setup directory.

I repackaged some of the X .tar.bz2 yesterday to potentially work around a problem installing. The options that I used to tar confused setup.exe into thinking that the packages were empty.

So, this is consistent with the symptoms of trying to install one of
those packages.  This should be rectified soon as the new versions of
the tar files make it out to all of the mirrors.

So, the solution is "try again".

Just one more bit of data: I rectified the problem at ~12:30AM EST
2004-10-11 so the new packages should be on most mirrors soon if they
are not there already.

Apologies for the inconvenience I caused.

You should be whipped for a such a (un)practical joke. =)

Well good to know that I wasn't imaging since there is lot new to learn with XP and SP2.. But now everything... seems to work.

--

Jani Tiainen