Re: Can't get startwin.bat to work

Mark,

It works fine if I open it up using a cygwin shell.  That is not the problem.
When I run form a Windows cmd and run startxwin.bat, it does not work.  I've
tried to do it manually with this command:

run XWin -clipboard -silent-dup-error

no xwindow comes up with the checkered background.

If I do this from within bash:

XWin -clipboard -silent-dup-error &

there are no problems.

A little more research shows that at the cmd line that if I do not use the run,
then the Xwindows screen will come up but I can't startup the xterm since this
is not returned to the prompt.  I've tried:

start /b XWin -clipboard -silent-dup-error

and this works great!!!!  It looks as if the run command is broken.

In summary, the run command does not seem to work.  the start /b option is the
thing to use, at least with Windows 2000.

Mike