Re[2]: Problems building X/Cygwin (no XpConfig)

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Igor Shmukler wrote:

> Alex,
>
> I actually went to X.org and got latest release of X.
> IMHO, cygwin documentation sucks. Same goes for the setup tool and packaging. At least DLL still works. If maintainers (are there such individuals?) want to know how these things can be done, I suggest looking at FreeBSD ports.
>
> Building an entire environment from scratch is way easier. UWIN that I used several years ago, is nice but not free for commercial use. If you do not need to bother with commercial use I suggest trying UWIN ASAP.

yet another blurb.

How much have you paid for cygwin? Nothing? You get what you've paid for?

No. Actually you get far more than that. But it does not seem to bother
you.

Hm. Maybe I should put a sign on the website:

  |                          |
  | regular users: free      |
  | dumb-asses:    $1        |
  | assholes:      $10       |