Re: Problems building X/Cygwin (no XpConfig)

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 04:36:08PM +0100, Alexander Gottwald wrote:
>Hm.  Maybe I should put a sign on the website:

>|                          |
>| regular users: free      |
>| dumb-asses:    $1        |
>| assholes:      $10       |
>+--------------------------+

LOL!

You can take comfort in the fact that you've actually accomplished
something constructive with your life that has benefitted many people.

Contrast that with the "documentation sucks" people and the people who
think that they help by sending cliche-ridden manifestos about the way
things ought-to-be done.  Even if the documentation did suck and even if
the project was horribly managed (both false premises) you can claim
satisfaction in the fact that you are actively doing something which is
demonstrably helping many people.

The critics, no matter how articulate they are (I'm sure there must be
at least one articulate critic out there although we haven't seen one
here in a while) usually do very little to help.  In a free software
project, there really is little excuse for someone taking twenty minutes
to write a message when they could have spent twenty minutes improving
documentation or fixing code instead.

cgf