This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Xfree86 Removed Packages
- From: "Aicha Said(ACES)" <Aicha dot Said at student dot shu dot ac dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:48:45 +0000
- Subject: Xfree86 Removed Packages
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I have installed cygwin but I realised that all Xfree86 package has been
removed, I didn't pay to much attention to that considering that X11 was there.
But when I type the startx command I only have a black X window coming up,
which doesn't seem right, as I had installed it before and it use to be green
and white and with multiple windows, this one is just a prompt in black with
Also I am trying to install ns-2 on this platform and the fact that some of the
xfree libraries are not installed seems to be causing problems. How coud I
install Xfree separatly from cygwin?
Thanks for any help on this.