This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Xfree86 Removed Packages
- From: Alexander Gottwald <Alexander dot Gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:53:03 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Xfree86 Removed Packages
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Aicha Said(ACES) wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have installed cygwin but I realised that all Xfree86 package has been
> removed, I didn't pay to much attention to that considering that X11 was there.
> But when I type the startx command I only have a black X window coming up,
> which doesn't seem right, as I had installed it before and it use to be green
> and white and with multiple windows, this one is just a prompt in black with
> yellow font.
> Also I am trying to install ns-2 on this platform and the fact that some of the
> xfree libraries are not installed seems to be causing problems. How coud I
> install Xfree separatly from cygwin?
install the xorg-x11-* packages. Selecting xorg-x11-base and X-startup-scripts
should be sufficient
NP: VNV Nation - Kingdom
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723