This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: Starting X on a second monitor - kludge that works
- From: "Thomas Chadwick" <j_tetazoo at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:44:26 -0500
- Subject: RE: Starting X on a second monitor - kludge that works
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
-screen 800x600@2 which means a window of size 800x600 on monitor 2
Seems to me it's logical if the behavior is such that "-screen 0 $W $H"
opens on the primary monitor, while "-screen 1 $W $H" opens on the secondary
monitor. X-clients with DISPLAY=:0.0 will open on the primary monitor while
X-clients with DISPLAY=:0.1 will open on the secondary monitor. Isn't that
how X behaves on dual-headed *nix machines?