This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
cygwin/x installation issue
- From: "ZeruelX of Zinj" <zeruelx at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 19:16:09 -0800
- Subject: cygwin/x installation issue
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
When installing Cygwin, selecting the "xorg-x11-base" package automatically
selects a bunch of packages that you need. But somehow it doesn't seem to
select the "X-startup-scripts" package that is also listed as required.
Without this, you can't start X easily and it is very frustrating to try to
install Cygwin/X and have it not work until you realize that there is one
little required package that you didn't install because it wasn't selected
Can you fix it?