This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Problem starting X
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:46:46 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Problem starting X
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Mats Jansson wrote:
> I hope someone could help me with the following:
> Some days ago I installed Cygwin 1.5.12 on NT4 SP6, I didn't install
> X-startup-scripts, but I was able to start X with XWin.exe. Yesterday, I
> installed X-startup-scripts (I guess I got other packages and/or updates
> as well). Now I can't start X at all. I get a pop-up window with title
> "XWin.exe - Entry Point Not Found" and the text "The procedure entry
> point EnumDisplayMonitors could not be located in the dynamic link
> library USER32.dll".
> Any idea?
Seems like the new feature is not supported on NT4 (and maybe W95 too)
revert to xorg-x11-xwin-18.104.22.168-6 until this is resolved.
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723