This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: configuring X, backspace, ....
- From: "Lino Miguel Martins Tinoco" <lino-m-tinoco at telecom dot pt>
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:36:14 -0000
- Subject: RE: configuring X, backspace, ....
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I've those same entries also but that prints the octal value of the symbol, \347 and \307 for ç and Ç. This way the symbol isn't getting displayed but also isn't interpreted by bash and I can use it.
I'm going to put this message on other list, since this is not a problem with X.
> Nope. One thing more: if there's no .inputrc with the mappings (like
> in the FAQ), the ç do a ls, otherwise it prints te octal value of the
> symbol I define on .inputrc.
quite strange. I've no special mapping for ç but get it displayed in bash. The .inputrc contains set meta-flag on set output-meta on set convert-meta off and some entries which don't seem to be related