This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Building debug symbols
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:00:04 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Building debug symbols
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Sebastian Haby wrote:
> Hello again!
> I followed your steps but what i get is a 13MB big XWin.exe and not a retail XWin.exe and a debug-symbols file. What am I doing wrong?
The binary contains both code and debug symbols. To move them to a
separate file use
objcopy --only-keep-debug Xwin.exe Xwin.dbg
to remove debug information from XWin.exe do
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723