This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Problems with ssh and X
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:53:47 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Problems with ssh and X
- References: <41C02864@webmail.ncl.ac.uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Dr Christian Hicks wrote:
> The remote machine is running SunOs 5.7 on a sparc SUNW,Ultra-4.
When doing X11Forwarding the DISPLAY variable should point to
localhost:10.0 (or higher numbers) or is unset if X11Forwarding
does not work. In your case it is set to remotehost:0.0 which
is wrong. Find the place where the DISPLAY variable is set and
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723