Re: cygwin

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:26:29AM -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>>>please add me to mailing list..  I am having nothing but problems with
>>>this
>>
>>The ability to add yourself to the mailing list is well-tested.  You
>>can think of it as an entrance examination if you want.  No one is
>>going to do this for you.
>
>As an additional exam, we should add the ability to write an
>intelligent subject line.  A subject of "cygwin" or "cygwin problem" on
>a post to any cygwin-related mailing list should result in instant
>ejection from the list.

Good point.  I do reject some subjects like that in the main cygwin list
but I hadn't done so here.

I have now, though.  However, if people think that's too harsh, I'll
remove that restriction.

I always wonder if people who post subjects like that also go into the
bank, hand their checks to the teller and say "Bank!".  Or if they go to
the auto shop to get their car fixed and open the discussion by pointing
and saying "Car!"

cgf