This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Not able to Get a Remote Machine after export of display
- From: Krishna Bhushan K <krishnabhushank at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:50:48 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Not able to Get a Remote Machine after export of display
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
This is regarding a problem faced while using Cygwin.
I am not able to open Xterm from a remote machine
after setting the remote
DISPLAY variable to the local one.
Following are the entries in my startxdmcp.bat:
SET DISPLAY=188.8.131.52:0.0 (Local display)
start XWin -kb -query %REMOTE_HOST% -notrayicon
-emulate3buttons -clipboard -unixkill -lesspointer
After i logon to this machine, I telnet to a remote
machine. set the DISPLAY variable there to
184.108.40.206:0.0. open a xterm using Xterm&. It
says "Per display information not found".
Is there any problem with the above entries?
Could anyone please suggest a solution to this
Do you Yahoo!?
Dress up your holiday email, Hollywood style. Learn more.