This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: I've lost cut and paste - any ideas why?
- From: Thomas Dickey <dickey at his dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 06:57:14 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: I've lost cut and paste - any ideas why?
- References: <20041217110234.GA5958@areti.co.uk>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Chris Green wrote:
I have lost the ability to cut and paste between my slackware Linux
desktop and the Windows 2000 system on which I'm running Cygwin/X.
It used to work until recently and the only thing I can think of that
has changed is that I have upgraded the Slackware from version 9.1 to
version 10 and I'm using gdm rather than xdm on that system.
Is there any configuration in the gdm/xdm area that would affect my
ability to cut and paste?
I have an impression that Slackware 10 introduced UTF-8 locales.
That's the first thing I'd check.
Thomas E. Dickey