This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: I've lost cut and paste - any ideas why?
- From: Chris Green <chris at areti dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:23:32 +0000
- Subject: Re: I've lost cut and paste - any ideas why?
- References: <20041217110234.GA5958@areti.co.uk> <20041217065615.Q21769@mail.his.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: chris dot green at isbd dot co dot uk
On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 06:57:14AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Chris Green wrote:
> >I have lost the ability to cut and paste between my slackware Linux
> >desktop and the Windows 2000 system on which I'm running Cygwin/X.
> >It used to work until recently and the only thing I can think of that
> >has changed is that I have upgraded the Slackware from version 9.1 to
> >version 10 and I'm using gdm rather than xdm on that system.
> >Is there any configuration in the gdm/xdm area that would affect my
> >ability to cut and paste?
> I have an impression that Slackware 10 introduced UTF-8 locales.
> That's the first thing I'd check.
How would one check this and, if it's the cause, fix it?
Chris Green (email@example.com)
"Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."