Re: XWin won't start because of missing cygfreetype-6.dll

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 10:20:42PM -0600, Stahlman Family wrote:

Can anyone tell me which package contains cygfreetype-6.dll?

http://cygwin.com/packages/

Has a package search utility. You can look for the package there.

I have installed the latest version of Xwin, but when I attempt to
start XWindows, I get a Windows error telling me that cygfreetype-6.dll
can't be found.  I've installed the freetype2 package, and pretty much
all X11-related packages, but the only cygfreetype dll that gets
downloaded is cygfreetype-9.dll.

Hmm. Sounds like a dependency problem.

cygfreetype-9.dll is in package: XFree86-lib-compat This is the old version.

cygfreetype-6.dll is in package:
  libfreetype26
This is the new version.

Though the file dates and the version of the dll suggests that it is the
other way round.

Gerrit

--
=^..^=