This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Full install on XP hangs at /etc/X11/abb-defaults/Bitmap
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:40:03 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Full install on XP hangs at /etc/X11/abb-defaults/Bitmap
- References: <41C66F86.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Greg Schussman wrote:
> I've just tried to do a full install of cygwin/X on Windows XP. The
> install hangs at 90%, saying:
> When I look at the file structure, etc/X11/app-defaults is a file, not
> a directory. Perhaps this is the problem (how can one write to
> app-defaults/Bitmap if app-defaults is not a directory)?
This is really strange. Did you have anything from cygwin installed before?
I could not find any cygwin package which does not create /etc/X11/app-defaults
as file instead of a directory.
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723