Re: Full install on XP hangs at /etc/X11/abb-defaults/Bitmap

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 04:02:33PM -0500, Brian Keener wrote:
>Is this not the same hang that has been address here and in the Cygwin List and
>the cygwin-apps list.  If so please see other threads on this same subject in
>the mailing list archives and the cygwin list archives and if it is then the
>fix (for now) as posted many times is break the install into 2 steps:
>
>first install only the base packages
>and then install eveything else.

If /etc/X11/app-defaults is really being created as a file instead of a
directory, this is the first that I've heard of it.  It would be very
interesting to hear why that is.

But, then, maybe if we implemented that idea of not allowing setup.exe
to have any bugs, or to at least have it issue an error before it was
about to hit a bug, we'd be further down the line to fixing this.

Just a suggestion.

cgf