This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
xwin hangs at startup - no xterm display
- From: kumarchi at comcast dot net
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:57:29 +0000
- Subject: xwin hangs at startup - no xterm display
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I do not zonealarm but windows sp2. the behavior is the same even when I turn the built in firewall off
I get the following error in XWin.log
_XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0, directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created
> my xwin used to work. but now it does not work.
> when I do
> it simplly hangs. No xterm.
> I removed old cygwin installation and replaced with complete new install.
> still the same behavior.
> iany clues?
/tmp/XWin.log may help.
do u have ZoneAlarm installed?