This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Having XP and KDE desktops togather
- From: Vinod Gupta <vinod at Princeton dot EDU>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:36:51 -0500
- Subject: Having XP and KDE desktops togather
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
My cygwin and xfree86 installed fine on my Windows XP machine. I would
like to have both local XP desktop and remote KDE Desktop from Linux
server, togather. Works almost OK when I do the following:
- Execute startxwin.bat which launches xserver as:
"run xwin -clipboard -multiwindow"
- Open ssh client terminal and connect to remote linux server
- Execute startkde from the ssh client terminal
except for the following problem:
The KDE Desktop occupies whole of XP screen and remains in foreground,
can not be moved and can not be iconized. So Windows becomes practically
inaccessible until I kill KDE Desktop.
Any suggestions to make both desktops co-exist?