This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: Having XP and KDE desktops togather
- From: "Mike Kenny - BCX - Professional Services JHB" <Mike dot Kenny at bcx dot co dot za>
- To: <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:13:32 +0200
- Subject: RE: Having XP and KDE desktops togather
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Vinod Gupta
> The KDE Desktop occupies whole of XP screen and remains in
> foreground, can not be moved and can not be iconized. So
> Windows becomes practically inaccessible until I kill KDE Desktop.
> Any suggestions to make both desktops co-exist?
I am seeing slightly different behaviour to you if I use -multiwindow
The various components of KDE behave independantly which makes
them difficult to work with. The solution for me was to use
-nodecoration (thanks Alexander) instead of -multiwindow