This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Cannot Start XFree version 4.4.0
- From: Terrence White <tewhite at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:08:27 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Cannot Start XFree version 4.4.0
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I have cygwin installed, and now I am installing XFree 4.4.0.
The istallation Xinstall.sh script ran with no errors.
After the installation completes, the instructions direct me to configure
XFree by running:
But I cannot find an executable by this name.
I do not have the xf86config nor the anxf86cfg files on my file system either.
I tried to run startx under /usr/X11R6/bin, but I get the following popup
error from xinit.exe:
Unable to locate Component
"The application has failed to start because cygcygipc-2.dll was not found. Re-
installing the application may fix the problem."
I tried re-installing several times, and I still do not have cygcygipc-2.dll.
The Xinstall.sh script runs without error each time.