This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Cannot Start XFree version 4.4.0
- From: Jim Drash <jim dot drash at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:08:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cannot Start XFree version 4.4.0
- References: <loom.20041222T075913email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: Jim Drash <jim dot drash at gmail dot com>
How about reading the documentation:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:08:27 +0000 (UTC), Terrence White
> I have cygwin installed, and now I am installing XFree 4.4.0.
> The istallation Xinstall.sh script ran with no errors.
> After the installation completes, the instructions direct me to configure
> XFree by running:
> XFree86 -configure
> But I cannot find an executable by this name.
> I do not have the xf86config nor the anxf86cfg files on my file system either.
> I tried to run startx under /usr/X11R6/bin, but I get the following popup
> error from xinit.exe:
> Unable to locate Component
> "The application has failed to start because cygcygipc-2.dll was not found. Re-
> installing the application may fix the problem."
> I tried re-installing several times, and I still do not have cygcygipc-2.dll.
> The Xinstall.sh script runs without error each time.
> Any ideas?