This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: Having XP and KDE desktops togather
- From: Alexander Gottwald <alexander dot gottwald at s1999 dot tu-chemnitz dot de>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:29:24 +0100 (MET)
- Subject: Re: Having XP and KDE desktops togather
- References: <41CA5255.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Vinod Gupta wrote:
> Thanks Igor and Alexander. "run XWin -nodecoration" works fine
> for me. I think this should be the default in the startxwin
> script included in the Cygwin/Xfree86 distro.
No. The default is aimed at users who want to use Cygwin/X as xserver
for running local applications (like gv, xemacs) only and provides
very close integration into the windows desktop. Using a remote desktop
is far more experienced and will require tweaking the startup scripts.
> "-internalwm" would be useful, particularly accross slow connections.
> I saw some discussion about porting KDE to Windows.
> Having an alternative desktop on Windows might be interesting
> but I am happy with XP desktop for local Windows and KDE Desktop
> for remote linux server, both on my laptop. This gives me the best
> of both worlds.
The kde-replaces-windows-desktop project can be considered dead. I've
not seen a message about this for about a year.
http://www.gotti.org ICQ: 126018723