Re: perl debugger not working in xterm

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 07:58:55AM -0800, Tom Goetze wrote:
>Using a different version of perl is a possibility, but I would
>think that this would be considered an xterm bug (or does every
>application that cygwin needs to interact with need to be
>re-written/ported to run inside of cygwin?)

Of course.  What do you think cygwin is?  It isn't a magic device
driver.  It's a DLL that runs in user space.  It invents things like
symbolic links, device files, ttys, unix domain sockets, etc.  to
provide a unix-like environment.  A native windows program isn't
magically going to know how to use these things.

Some things work with ptys, some don't.  You've found that apparently
ActiveState perl is one of those things.

>Does anyone have any suggestions about where to look to start
>to debug the problem (i.e. determine if is an xterm problem
>or a an ActiveState problem)?

It is not an xterm problem.

cgf